Community Newspaper Group (CNG) supports a variety of charitable initiatives, local sponsorships and community programs. The following sponsorship criteria outline Community Newspaper Group selection process.
CNG pursues sponsorship opportunities that clearly enhance the brand by:
- helping achieve our vision to be the first choice for business, readers and our people
- portraying CNG’s Brand as one that:
- recognises the importance of a local community
- is relevant, engaging, reflecting and inspiring local communities
- Supports our mission, “Build strong partnerships with customers, readers and our people through relevance, results and innovation.”
Organisations/activities which will not be considered for sponsorship by CNG include those that:
- may be construed as discriminatory
- could be detrimental to public health or safety
- promote or encourage smoking, alcohol or any substance abuse
The following information is designed to help potential partners understand and tailor their proposal to CNG’s requirements.
In order to be considered, sponsorship applicants must include the following details:
- a list of the key values of your organisation
- your target market/audience
- how you plan to advertise and promote your event/program
- confirmation that we will be the only print media company associated with your organisation/event/program
- a full list of your current or previous supporters (if any)
- your contact details
The following questions are indicative of those CNG considers when evaluating sponsorship proposals:
- Is there a full list of sponsorship benefits?
- What are the dates and location of the sponsorship?
- Is the activity one-off or annual?
- Can our employees be involved, and if so how?
- Is there any hospitality, entertainment or general involvement for our readers?
- Is there any current or potential business the organisation does or can do with us?
- Which other media partners have been confirmed and what will be the media exposure?
- Will there be local or metro exposure for the activity?
- Does the organisation/event compliment our existing sponsor partnerships?
- What is the reach of the sponsorship - how many people see, attend or are involved?
- What is the maximum number of sponsors who could be involved and what are the levels/hierarchy?
- What is the proposed cost of the proposal? What is the proposed advertising space?
- How will the sponsorship be measured and reported to us?
- How long has the organisation been in operation, what is its history and long-term goals?
- How will the organisation manage the partnership?
The CNG sponsorship committee meet quarterly to analyse all sponsorship requests. Your organisation will hear from us via mail or phone call to announce the success of your application.
Please send your request to: