Genuinely Southern Forests Avocado Lime Mousse with Mixed Berry and Candied Macadamia
4 leaves gelatine
1 Genuinely Southern Forests lime, zested
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
375 g diced Genuinely Southern Forests avocado (approx. 3 avocados)
230g cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
Fresh mixed Genuinely Southern Forests berries (raspberry, strawberry, boysenberry, rustleberry)
Candied macadamia nuts, crushed
1. In a small saucepan combine the fresh berries, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 cup water and simmer until softened. Set aside to cool
2. Combine gelatine with cold water, let stand for 5 minutes, then strain. In a small saucepan combine milk, sugar, vanilla and lime zest.
3. Bring to the boil then remove from heat and add gelatine. Stir until completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
4. Strain mixture to remove the zest. Place avocado and cream cheese in a bowl of a food processor, blitz for 1 minute. Pour in the hot milk mixture and process until smooth, scraping down the sides.
5. Pour into serving cups and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Top with mixed berries and crushed candied macadamia nuts.
This recipe has been created by local award-winning chef Raj, using genuine fresh local Southern Forests produce.
Suggested wine match: Southern Forests Rose.
Have your own genuine taste experience of seasonal fresh local produce at Rustico Gourmet Grocer in Riverton on Saturday, November 11.