Local ‘hero’ ushers family to safety

Joel Lipple alerted Kanaga Sinnasamy to the fire that destroyed his rental home. Picture: Marcelo Palacios www.communitypix.com.au d404636
Joel Lipple alerted Kanaga Sinnasamy to the fire that destroyed his rental home. Picture: Marcelo Palacios www.communitypix.com.au d404636

Two weeks ago, Mr Lipple alerted a Canning Vale family when their house caught fire and helped ensure they all got to safety.

Mr Lipple was driving back from his girlfriend’s home at 9.15pm on Saturday, July 6 when he noticed the garage door of a home on Waratah Boulevard had malfunctioned, it opening and closing in strange way.

‘At first I thought someone was trying to get out, but then I noticed all the flames inside,’ Mr Lipple said.

‘I got out and ran over to the house and woke everyone up to make sure they got out and were OK.’

Mr Lipple waited with the family until firefighters arrived to put out the blaze and visited them the next day.

‘My friends like to joke around about me being a hero; they think it’s pretty cool,’ he said.

‘I was just doing what anyone would do in that situation.’

The fire caused $250,000 damage to the house and forced the family to move out.

‘Windows popped out from the heat and the roof was collapsing,’ Mr Lipple said. ‘It was quite intense to watch.

‘A car parked in front of the house actually melted from the heat. All the plastic on it was dripping off.’

Mr Lipple said no-one was injured in the blaze.

The family who occupied the house were forced to live out of a car for several weeks until they found a new rental.

They are in desperate need of assistance.