Overnight house fires in Canning Vale and Mosman Park total $1 million in damage

Stock image.
Stock image.

A FIRE that tore through a Canning Vale home overnight is estimated to have caused $800,000 of damage.

The Sandringham Promenade house, which was being renovated, started burning about 10pm last night.

It took 16 firemen about 40 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

It is believed the fire was sparked by smouldering roof insulation.

The family was unharmed.

 

Mosman Park house fire

ANOTHER house fire overnight is believed to have caused about $200,000 of damage and put two people in hospital.

The fire broke out at the Mosman Park home just before 2am.

It is believed to have been caused by a cigarette butt catching fire on a couch.

The two residents and their dog escaped.

The couple was treated for smoke inhalation and take to hospital for observation.