MAKE no mistake about it; getting your kids involved in golf will be one of the greatest and most valuable gifts you will ever give them.
I grew up in the late ‘70s and, sure, we had video games like Space Invaders and Pacman, but it was an afterthought, not a lifestyle.
Today’s kids need more than ever to get away from the computer games and get out and socialize with real people, not virtual people.
Golf is by far the very best way to accomplish that and set your kids up for success in life.
Here is why:
-Anyone can play. Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. You don’t have to be particularly strong, tall, lean or fast to succeed.
– There is minimal risk. Unlike many other popular sports like baseball, soccer and football, the chances of injury, especially serious injury, are almost nonexistent; golf is a noncontact sport.
– Safe and positive environment: The golf course is a safe place and facilitates mentoring relationships.
-Lifelong Friendships: You never know who you will meet on a golf course, but it’s one of the easiest places in the world to make friends.
– Time spent outdoors: Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying nature and presents the opportunity to develop healthy, lifelong exercise habits.
– Important Life Lessons: Golf closely parallels real life as one experiences the highs and lows of the game. The range of experience, from birdies to bogeys, rewards a young person’s ability to keep each shot in perspective, manage one’s emotions, maintain a positive outlook and focus on the shot at hand. Golf is a sport that will teach your child integrity, discipline and respect.
– Spend time with family: Golf is a game that encourages family participation.
– It’s fun: This should probably be at the top of the list. One of the best reasons to get your son or daughter involved with golf is that they’ll have an absolute blast. They’ll have the chance to learn new skills, both physical and mental, make new friends and discover new opportunities.
There are a million things you can buy your kids or gift your kids in the hope that it helps them learn and grow, but only a few make a real impact.
Whaleback Golf Club has a number of junior programmes depending on age and skill level.
Bring your child down for a free trial by contacting me at the Whaleback Golf Course on 9457 8999.