Tavern the target of new attack

Lessees Wendy and Dominic Tiffany walked into their business on Thursday morning to find 12 windows in the front tavern had been smashed.

The attack was the latest in a series of incidents at the tavern. Mr and Mrs Tiffany claim the problems started after they banned a number of patrons and introduced changes.

Mrs Tiffany said she was stunned by the latest incident.

‘It’s just one thing after the other,’ she said.

The couple’s two-year lease is due to expire in January 2014 and they have the option to buy the tavern.

But Mrs Tiffany said they were contemplating whether they should carry on.

‘We know people are trying to drive us out,’ Mrs Tiffany said. ‘We’re just deciding what we should do next.’

Mundijong Police officer-in-charge Mike Newman said police were investigating the incident, but no arrests had been made.

The offenders turned CCTV cameras at the tavern around before they smashed the windows, causing $10,000 worth of damage.