KELMSCOTT Senior Football Club is back in the 2016 suburban football competition after submitting a signed player management plan to the WA Amateur Football League (WAAFL) on Tuesday.
The move follows the club’s shock ban from playing in the first round last week after not completing the required paperwork to the league’s satisfaction, outlining its commitment to improve on-field behaviour.
WAAFL general manager David Armstrong said the: “board and myself are satisfied with the initiatives that are to be pursued by the club as part of the signed plan and commend the club’s commitment to the ‘culture first, football second’ vision outlined at their recent AGM”.
“Accordingly, the Kelmscott SFC was advised on Wednesday that their team nominations for A Grade, A Reserves and Phil Scott Colts were accepted and the club permitted to play from round two this weekend.”
Kelmscott Senior Football Club spokesman Peter Quinn said it was outrageous that the club had to forfeit its first game of the season.
“We’re making the assumption from the correspondence that we’ve got that we are playing next week and the week after and right through to the finals, including the finals if we’re good enough,” he said.
“We’ve got to work a little bit harder now because we’ve lost a game.”
Mr Quinn also criticised the league for the way it had handled the issue, particularly its announcement late last Friday that the club would not be playing in the first round of the competition.