THERE is a lot to love about a pie maker and home cooks are able to enjoy the simplicity of this easy-to-use kitchen appliance.
So did MKR favourite and home cook Jordan Bruno, who was the face of Kmart’s pie maker at Belmont Forum in August.
Not just for pie making, it is helpful to create quiches, muffins and desserts.
Bruno has shared his scrumptious chicken and leek pie recipe with Community News.
CHICKEN AND LEEK PIES
3 chicken thighs (375g), cut into 2cm pieces
2 tsp olive oil
2 rashers bacon, chopped
1 leek, finely chopped
2 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp finely chopped thyme
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tbs creme fraiche
4 sheets of puff pastry
1. To make filling, toss the chicken with the oil. Season.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Add the bacon and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in thyme. Remove from heat. Stir in creme fraiche and Dijon mustard.
4. Using your Kmart pie maker stencil, chop out the base and top of your pies in your puff pastry sheets. Use the larger stencil for the base of the pie.
5. Place the large puff pastry circle on the base of the pie maker, pressing down on the pastry to make a bowl.
Scoop in the prepared filling until level with the top of the pastry.
Place the second piece of pastry on top and close the pie maker and leave to cook for 8 minutes (or until the pastry is golden).
6. Enjoy your delicious pies.