Take your Australia Day party to the next level with this fresh take on some favourite Aussie ingredients by chef Shibu Aravindakshan from Junction Grill at Crown Perth.
GRILLED PRAWNS WITH LEMON RICE AND AVOCADO MANGO SALSA
SERVES – 4
500g prawn cutlet with the tail on
30ml olive oil
10 bamboo skewers
1 avocado diced
1 mango diced
1 red onion diced
1tbsp coriander chopped
1 red chilli finely chipped
1 lime (juice and zest)
1 lemon (juice and zest)
400g Jasmine rice
1 sprig curry leaves
50g melted butter
½ tsp black mustard seed
½ tsp turmeric powder (or few saffron strands)
1. Skewer the prawns and brush with 20ml oil (leave the 10ml aside for later).
2. Grill the prawns in a pan and set aside.
3. Combine the avocado, mango, ½ red onion, coriander, chilli, lime juice and lime zest into a bowl. Salt to taste.
4. Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
5. In a pan heat 10ml of olive oil and add the mustard seeds
6. Wait until they pop and then add the curry leaves and ½ chopped red onion and sauté.
7. Add turmeric powder and melted butter. Once onion soft add lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
8. Once the onion is cooked through, add cooked rice and season, salt and pepper and mix well.
9. Prepare on a plate with the rice on the bottom, salsa next to it and the prawns on top.