LIVE LOVE NOURISH’S BEEF BURRITO BOWL
This tender slow-cooked beef paired with guacamole provides a well-balanced and delicious Mexican meal the whole family will love.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1.5 hours
1kg gravy beef, cut into 2-3 cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground allspice
Pinch ground turmeric
Pinch good quality salt and pepper
400g crushed tomatoes
1 cup beef broth/stock
1 cup cooked quinoa/brown rice
3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 red onion, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
2 large ripe avocados
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch ground cumin
Pinch of good quality salt and pepper
1. In a large, deep casserole pot heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and spices, stir for 1 minute. Add beef and brown for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1.5 hours or until beef is tender.
3. In final 15 minutes of beef cooking time, prepare fresh ingredients for the salsa, guacamole and shred the lettuce. Cook quinoa/brown rice.
4. Prepare salsa by combining all ingredients together. Set aside.
5. Prepare guacamole by mixing all ingredients well together. Set aside.
6. Once meat is tender, use a fork to roughly mix and shred beef.
7. Assemble your burrito bowls with a layer of quinoa/brown rice and top with shredded lettuce. Add beef and top with salsa and guacamole. Finish with fresh coriander to garnish.
SOURCE: Australian Beef