The courtyard comes to life at this time of the year – problem is, yours could do with a lift.
The team from ModularWalls suggest picking a theme to help guide the makeover.
Below are their top four suggestions and items to achieving the look.
– Pots or planter boxes filled with lavender
– Elegant stone elements, such as pavers or a feature fountain
– Bistro furniture
– Sculpted greenery, such as trimmed hedges or shrubs
– A natural or pastel colour palette
– Lots of lush greenery, such as ferns and decorative grasses
– Terracotta elements such as urns or tiles
– Brightly coloured accents – use pots and throw pillows in a mixture of bold patterns and block colours
– Indoors-meets-out furniture, such as ottomans or a daybed
– Mosaic-style tile features
– A water feature such as a pond, reflecting pool or gently flowing fountain
– Plants such as bamboo, Hakone grass and dwarf shrubs
– Stepping stones or a small path
– Minimalist furniture
– A focal point such as a small stone statue or pagoda
– For decor, stick with ceramic or cast iron features; items such as birdfeeders and small water fountains work well
– Hedges, shrubbery and flowering plants plus climbers, such as ivy and wisteria
– A stone bench
Check out the ModularWalls blog for more great outdoor design and DIY tips at modularwalls.com.au/blog.