PACKING, flying, checking in, trekking unknown streets and sampling new cuisine – Rachael Finch loves every little detail of travelling.
Which is just as well considering the former Miss Universe Australia’s hectic career stretches far and wide.
Finch is on a plane once a week for work, travelling mostly within Australia as an ambassador for Myer, Westin Hotels & Resorts, for her Channel 7 commitments, eponymous health and fitness program as well as her activewear range.
The on-the-go Sydneysider takes a family holiday – with husband Michael and children Violet (4) and Dominic (1) – twice a year, either to the US, a tropical locale or back to her home city, Townsville.
“I get the itch to pack and head off all the time,” Finch said.
“As a teenager, I started travelling the world as a model and living in different countries and I loved experiencing new cities each year.
“I spent most of my time travelling alone, so would keep a journal of my experiences.”
The 30-year-old lists Townsville and Queenstown, New Zealand, as her favourite travel spots.
“Townsville is home for me and as soon as I get off the plane I feel incredibly relaxed,” she said.
“The weather is always balmy and I get to sit on the back deck and listen to the trees in the breeze.
“Other than home, I really love Queenstown in summer and winter. It’s a town that feels so homely and has so much natural beauty.”
Finch’s beauty ritual when travelling?
“I load up on face serum before boarding and always make a berry smoothie, with extra berries, before I leave the house for a hit of antioxidants,” she said.
Read this story and more in Luxury Lifestyle:Luxury Lifestyle November 2018
Finch’s must-have travel items
- Face serum. Ed’s pick: Ultraceuticals Ultra B2 Hydrating Serum, $95, from ultraceuticals.com.
- Coconut oil. Ed’s pick: Pacific Organics virgin coconut oil, $13, from Woolworths.
- Ninja blender for smoothies (yes, she packs her blender!) $149, from Harvey Norman and Retravision.
- Selfie stick Ed’s pick: Cygnett Bluetooth selfie stick, $59.95, from JB Hi-Fi.
- Essential oil (she chooses one depending on how her 700ml body is feeling) Ed’s pick: Aesop Ginger Flight Therapy, $31, from Myer.