THE sun is finally here and it’s time to make a splash.
If your pool is looking a little lacklustre this hot season, we have some hot ideas to beautify the area.
The team from Tim Davies Landscaping gives us a selection of species to enjoy poolside.
Top six plants to try around your pool
1. Frangipani – the classic tropical frangipani is a perfect poolside tree to create a luxurious atmosphere.
Additionally, the leaves are large and minimise issues with the pool filtration system.
2. Viburnum suspensum – This deep green slow-growing hedge is vigorous and hardy and makes an ideal solid backdrop to any pool.
3. Star jasmine – One of the most versatile and consistent plants to use within your garden.
It is a great poolside creeper or climber on trellis if you are short on room around your pool.
4. Agave attenuate – Known as lion’s tail or swan’s neck, this tolerant succulent plant will add a bold feature to any plant structure.
5. Echeveria elegans – A great little detail succulent to use within an ornamentation low wok plant bowl or dish.
Also known as hen and chickens, it forms dense rosettes of blue grey leaves that are tinted on the margins with pink.
6. Mondo grass – A hard-wearing clumping plant, perfect for lower level planting around your pool.