NOTHING says comfort food more than a beautiful plate of spaghetti bolognese and with the cool weather lingering, why not whip up this hearty favourite for a deliciously, quick family meal?
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
1 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
500g beef mince
2 x 375g bottles of tomato sauce (passata)
2 x sprigs of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
A handful of fresh basil for sauce and to serve
Parmesan cheese, shaved, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic, stirring until softened.
Add mince and cook until browned.
2. Add tomato sauce, rosemary, thyme, some basil and bring to the boil before reducing heat to low.
Simmer without lid until thick and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, then drain.
4. Take a couple of spoonfuls of sauce and place in empty pasta saucepan then place pasta and mix sauce to coat evenly.
5. Divide pasta among serving bowls and spoon a generous amount of sauce on top of coated pasta.
6. Serve topped with shaved parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Completing step 4 ensures each string of pasta is evenly coated and deliciously saucy with every bite.