WHETHER it is the first or the 41st Valentine’s Day you are spending together as a couple, there are plenty of gorgeous places to spend time with your loved one in Perth on Sunday.
From the western suburbs to the city and right out to the Perth hills, we’ve compiled a far-from-definitive list of Perth’s most romantic spots.
If we’ve missed a good one, make sure to let us know in the comments below.
7. Green Place Reserve in Mosman Park. If you want somewhere lovely with a view right back to the city, you cannot go past this western suburbs spot. But don’t forget to pack the Aeroguard –mosquitoes have also been known to frequent the area.
6. Shoalwater in Rockingham. This strip of pristine coastline near Rockingham is a beautiful place to spend a sunny afternoon. With Penguin Island in full view, this sunset spot is perfect for an early evening picnic.
5. Lake Monger in Leederville. Whether it’s a stroll around the lake, a visit to one of the gazebos or an hour spent sitting on the grass and watching the ripples across the water, this spot is sure to have your lover in the most reflective of moods.
4. Coastal nature walk between Burns Beach and Beaumaris Beach. Catch the sun setting along this stunning strip of the Western Australian coastline. You can walk or cycle your way between the two points, but make sure you stop with your partner and appreciate that moment when day becomes night.
3. Zig Zag Hill in Kalamunda. Take the scenic drive up Zig Zag Hill in Kalamunda and stop off at one of the lookout spots along the way. With spectacular views all the way to the city, this spot is the perfect place to take that special someone for a romantic drive.
2. Araluen Botanic Park in Roleystone. What is more romantic than a park full of flowers, beautiful trails and pristine picnic areas? It opens from 9am to 6pm so don’t leave it too late. One of the most perfect Valentine’s Day picnic spots in Perth.
1. Kings Park in Perth. It’s hardly original but what better spot in Perth is there to take in the beauty of our city? Whether it’s a walk along Fraser Avenue to take in the spectacular city views, dinner at Fraser’s Restaurant or a stroll across the Lottery Federation Walkway, the romantic options here are too many to count. But be prepared for a surge of loved up couples come Sunday evening.