A paedophile who repeatedly raped a Perth girl – pimped out by her own father in the so-called “Evil 8” case – has been sentenced to nine-and-a-half years in jail.
Alfred John Impicciatore, 48, chatted with the girl’s father online, then visited their home in March 2015.
He sexually penetrated the girl four times, with her father also participating in the abuse.
Impicciatore was found guilty after a judge-alone trial in the WA District Court.
Judge Mark Herron said on Monday that Impicciatore had not shown any remorse or insight into his offending.
The court heard two of the charges against Impicciatore came out of admissions he made to police, which he then challenged and “disowned”.
Judge Herron said although there was no victim impact statement, he was sure there would be long-term effects on the girl’s mental health.
“You had a perverted sexual interest in young girls and you were unable to resist acting on that interest,” he said.
“You took advantage of a girl who was extremely vulnerable.
“Your actions were depraved and were entirely for your own sexual gratification.”
Impicciatore is the final abuser of the girl to be sentenced for his involvement in the notorious case.
Video of the girl’s police interview was played at the trial, during which she referred to Impicciatore as the “chubby man” with a “round face” and the man with a black Chihuahua.
In his findings after the trial, Judge Herron said the girl described what happened to her in a “detached, unemotional way, almost as though the activities were normal”.
“She spoke about sexual activity in explicit language, which I would not expect a 13-year-old girl to be able to explain,” he said.
Before the trial, the case was adjourned several times because Impicciatore failed to show up to court and changed lawyers.
He even fled the state and had to be extradited from NSW.
Impicciatore must serve at least seven-and-a-half years behind bars before he can be eligible for parole.
Eight men were originally implicated in the investigation, but one was never charged with offences related to the girl.
The girl’s father, who cannot be named, pleaded guilty to dozens of charges and was sentenced in June 2016 to 22-and-a-half years in jail.
He later lost an appeal against the length of his sentence, which he had argued was manifestly excessive.
The five other men also pleaded guilty to their involvement in the girl’s sexual abuse and received sentences ranging from three years to almost 13 years.
* Raped and offered the girl to the others, but cannot be named to protect her identity. Sentenced to 22-and-a-half years behind bars. Earliest release date is October 2035.
RYAN TREVOR CLEGG
* Pleaded guilty to 15 charges, including sexually penetrating and indecently recording a child. Jailed for 12 years and nine months. Eligible for parole after 10 years and nine months.
* Former pastor and father-of-two admitted he stupefied the blindfolded girl with an inhalant and raped her in front of her father. Sentenced to 10-and-a-half years. Eligible for parole after eight-and-a-half years.
ALFRED JOHN IMPICCIATORE
* Pleaded not guilty to four charges of sexual penetration of a child and had a judge-alone trial. Sentenced to nine-and-a-half years. Parole eligibility after seven-and-a-half years.
NICHOLAS ADAM BEER
* Admitted sexually abusing the girl alongside her father while she was shackled to a bed and forced to wear bondage gear. Sentenced to seven years. Eligible for parole after five years.
TROY PHILLIP MILBOURNE
* Pleaded guilty to seven charges, including sexual penetration of a child. Sentenced to five years and three months. Parole eligibility after three years and three months.
BENJAMIN SIMON CLARKE
* Pleaded guilty to 12 charges, including indecently recording and dealing with a child, admitting he photographed her nude at an abandoned mine. Sentenced to three years. Eligible for parole after 18 months.
* Implicated in the investigation but never charged with offences related to the girl. Jailed for using an online chat forum to engage in sexual conversations and exchange nude photographs of other children.