BAYSWATER Mayor Dan Bull says the Federal Election presents the City with a “significant opportunity” to seek funding for its priority projects.
The council adopted an advocacy strategy last month that ensures the City is best placed to attract funding for key infrastructure projects from different levels of government and private industry.
Cr Bull welcomed Perth MHR Patrick Gorman’s promise to provide funding for the upgrade of Maylands Waterland.
“Other key projects include refurbishment of Bayswater Waves, creation of an urban forest along the Swan River, Bayswater City Soccer clubrooms redevelopment, restoration of Maylands Lakes, and Noranda netball courts refurbishment,” he said.
The City of Bayswater’s wish list:
– Maylands Waterland
– Bayswater Waves refurbishment
– The creation of an urban forest along the Swan River
– Maylands Lakes restoration
– Bayswater City Soccer clubrooms redevelopment
– Noranda netball courts refurbishment
– Riverbank stabilisation program
– Transformation of drainage sites into living streams
– Bike trail at Hinds Reserve
– Upgrades to the basketball courts at Morley Sport and Recreation Centre
– Pedestrian footbridge over Guildford Road (between Tonkin Highway and King William Street)