Puppies rescued from Morley business after fire breaks out in restaurant

4 Paws and Claws owner Helena Street and cat Sir Harry help load the puppies into the car. Picture: Larry Ellis
4 Paws and Claws owner Helena Street and cat Sir Harry help load the puppies into the car. Picture: Larry Ellis
4 Paws and Claws owner Helena Street and cat Sir Harry help load the puppies into the car. Picture: Larry Ellis 4 Paws and Claws owner Helena Street and cat Sir Harry help load the puppies into the car. Picture: Larry Ellis

TWENTY-ONE puppies were saved from smoke exposure after a fire was started at a noodle restaurant in Morley yesterday.

A fire at the restaurant at Coventry Village caused an alarm and sprinkler to be activated about 4.30pm.

Helena Street, owner of 4 Paws and Claws , said she was concerned about smoke damage to the lungs of her 21 free-range puppies.

Ms Street, under the watchful eye of resident ragdoll cat Sir Harry, quickly loaded the small dogs into an air-conditioned minibus.

The puppies spent the night at her home in Armadale and were returned this morning.

She said shoppers and diners at the shopping centre were very slow to leave, despite smoke, the fire alarm and efforts by centre management.