Offenders lit a fire in January outside the Sparx Early Learning Centre on Ivanhoe Street, which tore through the premises.
Owner Chris Polmear said the business had to shut down.
“We keep our wheelie bins near the window and someone lined them up and lit them up,” Ms Polmear said.
“We got the call about the fire about 3.30am.”
Ms Polmear said the building had been fully renovated because it was insured.
She said the community had been very supportive.
“Parents helped with toys and costumes, and we had a lot of offers (of help),” she said.
“They had to make alternative arrangements, but numbers are healthy since we re-opened.”
She said the offenders had still not been caught.