THE worst suburbs in Perth for water wastage have been revealed.
The State Government today released the top 10 suburbs where residents received the most breaches for using their sprinklers outside of rostered times.
Water Minister Dave Kelly said despite Perth showing a decrease in water use in 2016-17, the city was still the biggest water user in the country.
“We are also the Australian city most impacted by reduced rainfall as a result of climate change and this means we all need to do our bit to ensure we use water wisely,” he said.
“The Perth community is very supportive of sprinkler rosters – in 2017, nearly 90 per cent of warnings issued were the result of contact from the public.
“While we may have had a mild summer, we received no rainfall in February and it appears we are in for an unseasonably hot autumn. This means it is essential people keep to their sprinkler roster days.”
Scheme water users can use sprinklers two days a week before 9am or after 6pm.
Bore water users are allowed one extra day in the same time range.
People who witness a breach of the sprinkler roster can make a report at https://www.watercorporation.com.au/breach or call 13 10 39.
Households receive a $100 fine if they are sighted breaching the sprinkler roster by an inspector, and a warning if they are reported by a member of the public, or if an inspector observes sprinklers have been used.
Watering days are determined by the last digit of a household’s street number.
To find out your watering days, go to https://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/watering-days
Top 10 suburbs for sprinkler roster infringements in 2017
- Baldivis – 467 infringements
- Brabham – 299 infringements
- Aveley – 199 infringements
- Piara Waters – 185 infringements
- Byford – 175 infringements
- Caversham – 142 infringements
- Yanchep – 140 infringements
- Treeby – 138 infringements
- Banksia Grove – 135 infringements
- Nollamara – 129 infringements
- Secret Harbour – 13 infringements
- Ellenbrook – 9 infringements
- Dianella – 6 infringements
- Thornlie – 6 infringements
- Ballajura – 5 infringements
- Como – 5 infringements
- Aveley – 4 infringements
- Morley – 4 infringements
- Leeming – 4 infringements
- Port Kennedy – 4 infringements