The creatures can be fatal to dogs that eat or lick them.
THE RSPCA WA is warning dog owners who walk their pets along the beach to be on the lookout for toxic sea hares.
There have been a number of recent sightings of the large squid-like creatures, which wash up on the shoreline and can be fatal to dogs who lick or ingest them.
Dog owners should look out for symptoms including over-excitement, tremors, seizures, drooling or vomiting.
People who think their dog has ingested a sea hare, should contact a vet.
Please share this post to help spread the message among fellow dog owners.
More information can be found at Vetwest Animal Hospitals.