Shires these days have massive CEO wages and subcontract wages charged to the people to pay.
Each suburb that belongs to a shire should check their running expenses to run a shire.
1. Check the wages.
2. Do you need all these people?
3. How much are the running expenses (eg office works, parks, machinery, public toilets, street signs, etc, etc)?
4. What monies you need from State Government (eg to maintain roads, as this is paid by Main Roads via your vehicle registration).
5. What the people think they need for their suburb and which comes first. They can’t have everything as at the end of the day the cost will be spread equally across all the people in the suburbs.
6. Commercial and retail should not pay big rates as the charges are passed back to the people in the suburbs.
7. Remember rates are rubbish collection and what it takes to run your shire.
8. The GRV and UV is not a rate, it’s a tax on your property of the value by Landgate. The shire pick a rate (tax) of so much in the dollar that is tax.
Someone has to run the suburbs; each of you who have houses or buildings make sure you get the best rate from your shire.
Everybody should pay the same rate to run your shire.
If they need dinner and drinks they get permission from the people and if they need a wage increase, they are the people.