REIWA is encouraging West Australians to get behind the Salvos’ annual Christmas Appeal to help bring holiday cheer to the homeless in WA this festive season.
“This is the fifth year REIWA and its members have been involved in the Christmas Appeal and it’s always heartwarming to see how generous West Australians can be,” president Damian Collins said.
“Christmas can be a really challenging time for those who are doing it tough and this is just a small way we can help these people feel less alone.
“I encourage everyone who is in a position to donate to dig deep and help bring some happiness to our fellow West Australians who are struggling.
“Every contribution, no matter how big or small, can make a difference.”
Mr Collins said there were a number of ways the local community could get behind the Salvos’ Christmas Appeal.
“You can donate unwrapped gifts or non-perishable food items to one of the designated REIWA agency collection points near you,” he said.
“The Salvos need gifts to suit all age groups, so any item you donate will be put to good use.
“Alternatively, you can visit the Salvos’ website to make a monetary donation.”
The Salvation Army public relations secretary Warren Palmer said at a time when most families were experiencing the joy of the festive season, they saw many who were feeling isolated and marginalised due to the added pressures that the cost of Christmas brings.
“We are incredibly grateful to these agents for helping us to provide festive foods and toys for children to ensure that all West Australians experience the true meaning of Christmas,” he said.
The Salvos’ Christmas Appeal will run until Thursday 13 December.
REIWA staff members will pick up the donations from the agency collection points and take them to the Salvos in time for Christmas.
Gifts can also be dropped off to REIWA at 215 Hay Street, Subiaco (level one or two) or at the following local agencies:
Northern & western
– Beldon: iSell Real Estate, Shop 19, Belridge Shopping Centre, cnr Gwendoline Drive & Ocean Reef Road
– Claremont: Airey Real Estate, 1/355 Stirling Highway
– Claremont: Caporn Young Estate Agents, 4/355 Stirling Highway
– Cottesloe: Space Real Estate, 2 Napoleon Street
– Doubleview: First National Real Estate Druitt & Shead, 193A Scarborough Beach Road
– Fremantle: Caporn Young Estate Agents, 19-21 Queen Victoria Street
– Fremantle: dethridgeGroves, 3 Norfolk Street
– Joondalup: Rental Management Australia, Unit 4, 80 Grand Boulevard
– Leederville: M+M Property, 193 Oxford Street
– Scarborough: O’Rourke Realty Investments, 62 Scarborough Beach Road
– Subiaco: Centro Estates, 1/590 Hay Street
Central & Eastern
– Burswood: Burswood Peninsula Real Estate, 9 The Circus
– Ellenbrook: HKY Real Estate, 12 Main Street
– Guildford: Sabre Real Estate, Unit 1, 151 James Street
– Victoria Park: Acton, 2-4 Mint Street
– West Perth: Joyce Property Investments, 16 Altona Street
– West Perth: Momentum Wealth, Level 2, 18-32 Parliament Place
– Applecross: Caporn Young Estate Agents, 3/907 Canning Highway
– Applecross: Colleen Gandini Residential, 33C Ardross Street
– Applecross: Rentwest Solutions, 42 Kishorn Road
– Como: Bourkes, 272 Canning Highway
– Coolgardie: Zion Real Estate, 76 Bayley Street