A BUSHFIRE alert has been issued for the southern parts of Pinjarra in the Shire of Murray.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services issued the alert for residents in the vicinity of Greenlands Road and Old Bunbury Road.
The fire is burning in paddocks between South Western Highway and Old Bunbury Road towards the Pinjarra townsite.
There is no threat to lives or homes but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
The bushfire is out of control and unpredictable. Firefighters are actively fighting the fire.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138, visit Main Roads or by contacting the Shire of Murray.
- KEEP UP TO DATE:
- Visit Emergency call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: DFES Twitter, Facebook, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.