LOTON Park Tennis Club, the second oldest in WA, celebrates 100 years this weekend.
The club is named after merchant, Member of Parliament and Perth Mayor Sir William Loton whom the City of Perth purchased the Loton Paddocks from for 6000 pounds in 1904.
By 1916, Loton Park included several grass courts and agreement was reached about running the club using member input, and the inaugural meeting of the Loton Park Tennis Club was held on December 4.
Three courts were officially opened 12 days later.
Two more courts were built in 1917, and finally a clubhouse in June 1922 which is still in use today.
In 1997, two grass courts were converted into hard courts to offer tennis all year round and the Club was listed with the Heritage Council of Western Australia as a place of historical significance.
More recently, throughout 2014 and 2015 the clubhouse underwent additional renovations to ensure continued enjoyment of the facilities, and improved access for all players and visitors.
Celebrations will be held on Saturday, December 3 from 1pm
The club is at the corner of Lord and Bulwer streets, Perth.