Man dies after Highgate gas bottle fire

A man died after a gas fire in Highgate yesterday. Picture: Beau Pearson/Twitter.
A man died after a gas fire in Highgate yesterday. Picture: Beau Pearson/Twitter.

A MAN has died after a gas fire in Highgate yesterday afternoon.

Police were called to Mary Street at 3.55pm after members of the public had witnessed a man with his clothes on fire.

The man was hosed down by bystanders and taken by ambulance to Fiona Stanley Hospital with severe burns, where he later died.

Department of Fire and Emergency Services personnel found an LPG gas bottle nearby that was venting gas, along with a small fire.

The fire was extinguished and the gas bottle cooled down.

A police statement this morning said the death was not being treated as suspicious.

A report will be prepared for the coroner.

 

MORE: Perth meth use declining according to waste water results

MORE: Northern suburbs doctor on sex assault charge

MORE: Police raids on shops in Perth and Northbridge uncovers synthetic drugs