UBER is teaming up with the Australian Red Cross for the Uber x Red Cross clothing drive on Sunday June 3.
Running from 12pm until 4pm, Uber driver-partners in Perth will be making clothing donations easy by collecting your pre-loved clothing to be delivered to a local Red Cross Shop.
Last year’s drive saw clothing items worth an estimated $800,000 donated.
So why not gather up that old hoodie you’re no longer wearing and help someone less fortunate stay warm this winter?
Here’s how to get involved:
1. Get your pre-loved goods together
2. Open the Uber app between 12pm and 4pm on Sunday June 3, 2018
3. Select the Red Cross Clothing Drive car
4. Tap ‘Request’ and confirm your pickup location
5. Where available, your items will be picked up (for free)
The Perth catchment area is in pink below:
“Uber is proud to be partnering again with Australian Red Cross in support of this fantastic initiative,” Uber’s general manager in Australia and New Zealand Susan Anderson said.
“We are hoping that this year’s Clothing Drive will be bigger and better, helping raise funds to support the invaluable work Red Cross does for communities in need.”
Last year the Uber and Red Cross Clothing Drive reached nine cities across Australia, collecting around 41,000 kilograms of clothing which equates to around 2500 Uber pick ups.
All people interested in donating their fashion should check in at t.uber.com/redcross.
Dos and Don’ts
- For the Australian Red Cross Clothing drive, Red Cross Shops can only accept clothing, shoes and accessories – no toys, books, furniture, breakables or electrical items.
- Make sure your donations are bagged and ready to go.
- Please bring your bagged items out to the car when it arrives. Driver-partners will not be able to leave their cars unattended.
- Please donate quality items only. This means the kind of items people will want to buy, or that you would be happy to give away to a friend.
Where can I donate my clothes?
- Perth – CBD and surrounding suburbs