PERTH’S sporting public will have the opportunity to meet the Socceroos squad at a special Fan Day event to be held at Perth Oval on Tuesday August 30.
Fans will also be able to be part of a special team photo, featuring all of the stars including captain Mile Jedinak, Tim Cahill, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic and Perth-born defender Trent Sainsbury.
Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou has selected a full strength squad for Australia’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Iraq on September 1.
The gates of Perth Oval will be thrown open to the fans to see Postecoglou put the squad through its paces ahead of the qualifier.
The free Fan Day will commence at 4pm with a host of activities and fun for the whole family, including face painting, giveaways and a junior clinic.
The Fan Day has been a popular part of the team’s community engagement prior the team playing a match on Australian soil.
“The Socceroos are a team for all Australians and these fan days are a great way for the fans to see the team and for them to know how much the players value and appreciate their support,” Postecoglou said.
“The last time we played in Perth the fans turned out in force and we can’t wait to get over there again as we look to get this crucial stage of qualifying off to a winning start.”
Socceroos Fan Day Details
Perth Oval (Pier St, Perth)
Tuesday August 30 at 4pm
Entry is through Gate 1 (Northern Precinct)
– Get your Socceroos Fan Day Passport stamped and receive free gifts
– Don’t miss the opportunity to get your photo take with the Asian Cup trophy
– Test your football skills with the ‘keep ups’ competition and penalty goal challenge
– Be a part of the biggest Socceroo ‘team selfie’
– Get your war paint on with the face painters
– Bring the kids and have them meet Maloo, the official Socceroos mascot
– Junior clinic