Cigarette butt sparks Hills fire

The burnt out Boya house in Brora Grove. Picture: David Baylis
The burnt out Boya house in Brora Grove. Picture: David Baylis

A DISCARDED cigarette caused Monday night’s fire at a Hills house.

DFES officers reported the cause after taking an hour to contain the weatherboard house blaze which started in Brora Grove about 6.30pm.

Fire crews from Midland, Kiara, Welshpool, Darlington, Perth, Osborne Park and Malaga took until 10.48 to extinguish it.

No one was hurt in the blaze which caused $500,000 damage.

More news from around Perth