EVERY Wednesday at Woodbridge Hotel is ‘parmy and pint’ night but tonight’s order is even more special.
The Guildford pub will donate money from every parmagiana sold to help the Parma with a Farmer initiative, supporting farmers in the eastern states crippled by drought.
From every parmagiana sold today, the East Road pub will donate a dollar to the initiative’s charity, Buy A Bale, to purchase fodder to keep livestock alive.
Owners Tom Shortall (Helena Valley) and Rob Simpson (Leedervelle), who have run the ‘Woody’ for 15 years, will also double the amount raised from today’s parmagiana sales.
As the first Perth pub in the metropolitan to get on board with the initiative, Mr Shortall said they expected to sell about 250 parmies.
“We were very busy at lunch time and we’re fully booked tonight and I think everybody will be eating parmagianas,” he said.
“We’ll probably sell about 250 throughout the course of the day and we’ll match that dollar for dollar, so whatever amount of parmies we sell, we’ll double it.”
Guests can choose from a traditional parmie, a vegetarian eggplant version or the ‘hellfire’ chilli dish and get a free pint or glass of wine along with the $25 special price from 5-9pm tonight.
Perth venues taking part in the Parma for a Farmer initiative:
– Gosnells Hotel, Gosnells
– The Globe, Perth
– Lakers Tavern, Thornlie
– High Wycombe Tavern, High Wycombe
– The Shoe, Perth
– The Henley Brook, Henley Brook
– Brooklands Tavern, Southern River
– The Principal, Midland
– The Lucky Shag, Perth
– The Best Drop, Kalamunda
– 7th Ave Bar and Restaurant, Midland
– Haynes Bar and Grill, Armadale
– The Dale Bar and Bistro, Armadale
– Ravenswood Tavern, Mandurah
– Silver Sands Tavern, Mandurah
– Sandy Cove Tavern, Mandurah
– Steel Tree, Rockingham
– The Kwinana Local, Kwinana
– The Sand Cove, Furnissdale
– The Sporting Globe, Rockingham and Mandurah
– The Waroona Hotel, Waroona
– Kalamunda Hotel, Kalamunda
– The Best Drop Tavern, Kalamunda
– The Berrigan Bar and Bistro, South Lake
– Cafe Elixer, Wanneroo
– Wanneroo Tavern, Wanneroo
– Palace Hotel, Wagin
– The Woodbridge, Guildford
– Rose and Crown, Guildford
– The Vic, Subiaco
– Champion Lakes, Camillo
– Paddy Malone’s, Joondalup
– The Greenwood Hotel, Perth
– Cornerstone Ale House, Butler
– The Cricketers Arms, Ballajura