THE Mt Helena Parkerville CWA is advising people that a defibrillator bought for the community 10 years ago no longer works.
Branch secretary Linda Houghton said replacement parts for the unit, which had been housed at the Mt Helena Tavern, were no longer available and it had now been removed.
Mrs Houghton is asking residents to discard of fridge magnets that advertised the local defibrillator at the tavern for emergencies.
She said anyone confronted with a cardiac emergency should begin CPR and call 000 for an ambulance.
“If they are in the vicinity of Lake Leschenaultia or the Mt Helena Aquatic Centre during summer opening hours, both of these facilities have a defibrillator on site,” she said.
The Mt Helena Parkerville CWA branch meets at 9.30am at its Keane Street rooms in Mt Helena on the third Wednesday of each month.