AERIAL support teams have been called in to help ground crews battle an out-of-control bushfire in Gidgegannup.
The fire started near the intersection of O’Brien Road and Lancewood Avenue.
A watch and act alert has been issued for people in the vicinity of O’Brien Road and Lancewood Avenue in Gidgegannup in the City of Swan.
There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
People need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
Forty Bush Fire Service firefighters are in attendance.
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Lancewood Avenue and O’Brien Road have been closed.