THE City of Joondalup approved its 2016-17 budget last week. It features capital expenditure of $58.6 million on projects, works and motor vehicle replacements and an operating expenditure of $153.3 million for employee costs, materials and contracts, utilities, depreciation and insurance.
There will also be loan borrowings of $4.5 million for the Warwick Hockey Centre.
For 2016-17, there will be a 15-year low rate increase of 2.5 per cent and no increase to refuse charges for the second year in a row.
The rate increase will generate a revenue of $94.8 million excluding, specified area ratings that are applied to Harbour Rise in Hillarys, Iluka and Woodvale Waters.
This makes up the majority of the $144.2 million operating revenue, which also includes grants, fees and charges and interest.
There will also be capital revenue of $16 million from grants and subsidies.
Here is a look at some of the budgeted projects in each ward:
- Marmion Avenue/Edinburgh Avenue, Kinross intersection pedestrian crossing improvements.
- Ocean Gate Parade shared path renewal.
- Chesapeake Way, Currambine and Walsh Loop, Joondalup parking improvements.
- Central Park, Joondalup boardwalk extension.
- Manapouri Park, Joondalup playspace renewal.
- Carlton Park, Currambine playspace renewal.
- Iluka Beach Park playspace installation.
North Central Ward
- Ocean Reef Road dualling.
- Ocean Reef Road/Joondalup Drive intersection upgrade.
- Lysander Park, Heathridge playspace renewal.
- Ocean Reef Park floodlighting upgrade.
- Joondalup Drive resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Oceanside Promenade widening, resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Admiral Park, Heathridge floodlighting upgrade.
- Chichester Park, Woodvale floodlighting upgrade.
- Craigie Leisure Centre indoor aquatic centre refurbishment.
- Ocean Reef Road resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Eddystone Avenue resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Barwon Park, Craigie playspace renewal.
- Plumdale Park, Woodvale playspace renewal.
- Camberwarra Park, Craigie barbecue, picnic setting and works.
- Robertson cycleway path, Kingsley upgrade.
- Penistone Park, Greenwood facility redevelopment.
- Blackall Park, Greenwood changeroom refurbishment.
- Moolanda Boulevard resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Newham Park, Kingsley playspace renewal.
- Sorrento beach enclosure.
- Whitfords Avenue, Hillarys upgrades.
- Flinders Park community centre, Hillarys refurbishment.
- James Cook Park, Hillarys changeroom refurbishment.
- Forrest Park, Padbury additional parking and sump beautification.
- Cunningham Park, Padbury playspace renewal.
- Tom Walker Park, Sorrento playspace renewal.
- Warwick Hockey Centre facility construction.
- Percy Doyle Reserve, Duncraig clubroom refurbishments and upgrades.
- Glengarry Park, Duncraig change room refurbishment.
- Beach Road resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Warwick Road resurfacing and rehabilitation works.
- Coolibah Park, Duncriag sump beautification.
- Hepburn Avenue/Glengarry Drive roundabout improvements.
- Noel Gannon Park, Duncraig playspace renewal.