DFES says fire pit caused Joondalup house fire


The damaged home on Monday.
Picture: Martin Kennealey  d472741
The damaged home on Monday. Picture: Martin Kennealey d472741

A SMALL fire pit was believed to have been the cause of a blaze that resulted in about $200,000 damage to the garage of a Joondalup home on Sunday.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said residents reported the Wakatipu Way blaze about 7.30pm.

Seven crews attended and had the fire under control by about 8pm. No one was injured.

MORE: NBN agrees to move front verge cabinet on family’s lawn

MORE: Canning Highway pothole turns into half-metre sinkhole

MORE: Carpark-hungry students need more bays, UWA told