A FATHER-of-two has extensive burns to most of his body after a garage fire at his home in Iluka last night.
A St John Ambulance spokesman said the man in his 40s was rushed to hospital with burns to his legs, arms, hands and head after the fire at his Delgado Parade property about 7.30pm on Monday.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the blaze caused about $10,000 damage to the garage and a car.
The man’s wife Evelyn Graham described the seriousness of her husband’s injuries to Channel 9.
“His legs are very badly burned, his hands, his face, his ears… last night I spoke to the doctor briefly and they say apparently burns keep burning for 12 hours so they would only this morning be able to give me the extent of his injuries and what recovery will be,” she said.
Channel 9 reported the man fell into a pile of burning boxes he was trying to kick out of the garage after they caught alight from an electrical fault.
He is in a stable condition in Fiona Stanley Hospital.