Kinross College community rallies in fundraiser to help family


Fire destroyed this Kinross house last week. Picture: Lynda Hall
Fire destroyed this Kinross house last week. Picture: Lynda Hall

KINROSS College has rallied to raise money for three students who lost their family home to fire in Kinross last week.

A faulty clothes dryer is believed to have caused the blaze about 8pm on Corsock Loop, resulting in about $500,000 damage.

The family were unharmed.

Kinross College principal Rod Buckenara sent a notice to parents on Friday asking for food or monetary donations.

The school will hold a free dress day this Thursday with a gold coin donation for the family.