‘Mum’ is Beldon girl Denishar Woods’ first word after electric shock

Denishar Woods.
Denishar Woods.

An 11-year-old Perth girl has spoken her first word – “Mum” – almost a month after doctors predicted she would remain in a vegetative state following a severe electric shock at her family’s public housing property.

Denishar Woods was apparently left with a catastrophic brain injury when she was shocked with up to 230 volts AC by touching a garden tap at the Beldon property on March 3.

Her mother Lacey Harrison posted on Facebook that she had received the best news from doctors on Tuesday, who told her Denishar’s rapid progress means she could be sent home from Princess Margaret Hospital in as little as three months.

MORE: Spearwood man charged with assaulting 90-year-old woman

MORE: WA punter $10 million richer after OzLotto win

MORE: Ocean Reef Marina a step closer after signing of MOU