Several fire crews attend Greenwood fire

A dryer may have caused a fire in Greenwood yesterday. Picture: Josh Tucker
A dryer may have caused a fire in Greenwood yesterday. Picture: Josh Tucker

SEVEN fire crews attended a garage fire at a Greenwood house yesterday.

A DFES spokeswoman said a neighbour called 000 about 1.22pm on July 15 to report the double garage of the Bottlebrush Drive property was on fire.

She said noone was home at the time and seven crews attended, with the fire confined to the garage.

“Fire crews said its believed the fire started from a dryer being left on,” Joondalup photographer Josh Tucker said.

“The owners of the house were not present when the fire started and arrived home as the fire crews were mopping up the owners advised fire crews that they had left their dryer on.”