A WARNING has been issued for people in the Wattle Grove area after a large shed went up in flames.
Up to 40 fire fighters are at the scene of the 30m by 60m shed fire on Brook Road.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the shed had been completely destroyed.
A hazmat warning has been issued for people in the area due to the smoke coming from the blaze.
A statement on the Emergency WA site says people nearby could be affected.
As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Police are in the area directing traffic and Brook Road is closed at the intersection of Welshpool Road East.
Click here for the latest emergency warning information.