THE City of Kwinana has launched a new online geographic information system (GIS).
GIS is accessible for the community through the website www.kwinana.wa.gov.au.
The new-look system, provides residents with an improved look and feel mapping system that hosts a range of functionality for the community specific to residents individual properties.
Some of the benefits of the system include:
– detailed planning and environmental information;
– location and facility information on community buildings and reserves, including online walk through capabilities for certain locations;
– public amenity locations and links to shops and schools in the area;
– information on utilities including, sewage, water and power lines;
– GPS functionality;
– dog exercise are information;
– waste information including collection dates;
– historical and aerial imagery of the City;
– 2016 Census data about each suburb;
– links to facility booking information; and
– public transport and traffic count information.
Mayor Carol Adams said the new system provided the community with a really useful tool to be able to obtain a range of information specific to their property, while ensuring appropriate measures, including restricted zooming resolution, were in place to protect resident’s privacy.
“The City’s new mapping system will be a great resource for residents,” she said.
“From those looking to find out more about what facilities are in their local area to people looking to renovate or build .
“This tools gives both the Kwinana community and external stakeholders access to a range of publicly available information in a clear, detailed and geographically relevant way.”