Burning candle sparks blaze

The home - less than 100m away from a primary school - was gutted by the blaze. Picture: Aaron Kirby
The home - less than 100m away from a primary school - was gutted by the blaze. Picture: Aaron Kirby
The home - less than 100m away from a primary school - was gutted by the blaze. Picture: Aaron Kirby The home - less than 100m away from a primary school - was gutted by the blaze. Picture: Aaron Kirby

A HALLS Head home has been gutted by a fire, which was sparked by a burning candle.

Firefighters were called to the Oakdale Close home about 11.30pm last night when it took crews an hour to get the blaze under control.

The blaze caused about $300,000 in damage to the home, which is less than 100m away from Glencoe Primary School.

It is believed a male occupant at the home escaped the flames without serious injuries.

Police and Western Power also attended.