THE RSPCA is investigating the apparent baiting of two dogs in Greenfields on Saturday .
A spokesman said two dogs (a staffy and a Irish wolfhound) died and it appeared they had been poisoned.
Both dogs had been for a walk to the park earlier, but one of the dogs started showing symptoms at 4.30pm.
The dog was rushed to the vet and while there, the other dog started showing symptoms.
The symptoms were seizures and bleeding from the mouth.
“Poisoning is a horrible way for dogs to die,” the RSPCA spokesman said.
“It melts their internal organs.”
The spokesman said a neighbour’s dog had been affected two weeks ago.
A Greenfields Vet Hospital spokeswoman confirmed a dog been baited (apparent toxicity) a few weeks ago, but the dog survived.
The RSPCA are urging dog owners to be vigilant with their dogs, particularly when out in public.