Falcon man denied bail on string of charges including damaging Waroona Police Station, cemetery with vehicle

Stock image.
Stock image.

A FALCON man remains in custody after allegedly brandishing a samurai sword in a Mandurah park and then damaging Waroona Police Station grounds using his vehicle.

Police claim the man stopped at the Peel Health Campus emergency department beforehand and acted extremely agitated and aggressive towards staff.

He then left the hospital in his vehicle and drove towards Waroona where he allegedly did burn outs in his vehicle, leaving a trail of destruction.

Police claim the man also drove on the wrong side of the road on solid white lines towards oncoming vehicles.

He was later seen in the park allegedly brandishing a samurai sword.

The man then drove to Waroona Police Station and allegedly drove through the front gardens.

Police then went to Waroona cemetery after receiving assistance from the public and the man’s vehicle was found.

The man allegedly continued to reverse through the cemetery at speed before coming to a crashing stop into trees and was later arrested by police and taken to Peel Health Campus for assessment.

The man allegedly caused damage to a veteran’s gravestone at the cemetery and the family have been notified.

While the man was detained in Bunbury lock up he allegedly committed further offences.

He was charged with a string of offences including reckless driving, being armed with a samurai sword, disorderly behaviour, drug offences and damaging property.

The man appeared in Bunbury Magistrate’s Court this week where he was refused bail and is now residing in custody at Bunbury Regional Prison.

He has not yet made any pleas.

He is due to reappear in Bunbury Magistrates Court on March 29.

MORE: Measles outbreak has Perth authorities on alert 

MORE: Police called to Cannington home after woman’s body found

MORE: Woman found seriously injured in Wellington Square

MORE: Perth researchers link vitamin D deficiency with autism behaviours