Madora Bay house fire leaves $70,000 damage

Fire and rescue trucks at the scene of a fire.
Fire and rescue trucks at the scene of a fire.

A RESIDENTIAL house fire in Madora Bay has left an estimated $70,000 damage after clothes were left in front of a heater.

A DFES spokeswoman said they received a call from a neighbouring property that smoke was coming from the home along Success Street.

According to DFES, the fire in the main living area was extinguished by 9.52am.

But two crews from Mandurah Fire Rescue Service are still at the scene.

No one was home at the time and there are no reports of injury.