Mandurah: 15-year-old boy gets electric shock while climbing fence

Police attend the scene where a 15-year-old boy suffered an electric shock on March 16.
Police attend the scene where a 15-year-old boy suffered an electric shock on March 16.

A 15-YEAR-OLD boy was climbing a fence to get to school when he received an electric shock from a fallen light pole on March 15.

Energy Safety is leading the investigation into the circumstances that led to the boy receiving an electric shock on Kirkpatrick Drive.

The boy has serious injuries.

Peel Health Campus sent him for further treatment at Princess Margaret Hospital.

A young girl also received a mild shock from touching the boy. She is being treated at Peel Health Campus.

Police reports indicate that they received their injuries when they touched the wire fence and a damaged street light at the same time.

A spokeswoman for Energy Safety said the pole had been there for some time.

Another girl was taken to Peel Health Campus to be treated for emotional shock.