Mandurah Catholic College evacuated after fire

Photo by Google Maps.
Photo by Google Maps.

MANDURAH Catholic College was evacuated after a fire this morning.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the fire was reported at 11.15am.

She said a barbecue gas cylinder caught alight. The cylinder was outside the gym and next to another barbecue.

The fire was put out by the time fire crews arrived.

The fire was deemed accidental and there was about $8000 damage to an adjacent building.

Students have returned to class.