AN electrical company was fined $15,000 in Mandurah Magistrates Court on Friday.
Company owner Dale Eric Subke, of Coodanup, was fined $4500 for electrical work not in accordance with SAA wiring rules.
Subke Pty Ltd, trading as Dalectrix, gave an endorsed guilty plea to an electrical contractor sent a notice of completion to a supply authority in respect to work not done.
The State Solicitor’s Office prosecutor said Subke carried out electrical work at a Wannanup property in 2017.
A Western Power inspection found Subke failed to install a multiple earthed neutral (MEN) connection in a builder’s temporary supply switchboard.
The prosecutor said if an earth fault occurred the earthed components may become live and dangerous. A person who had contact with the components could receive a fatal electric shock.
The court was told Subke Pty Ltd gave a Notice of Completion to Western Power and certified the electrical work was checked and tested safe and found to comply with regulations.
The prosecutor said the absence of the MEN connection meant the work was not completed in accordance with the regulations and the installation was unsafe.
Subke’s lawyer said the end connection had been inadvertently missed off.
He said Subke had done everything possible to make the situation right and had expressed remorse.
The company was ordered to pay $881 in costs.
Do you prefer listening to your news? Subscribe to our podcast (below).