Her 10-month-old son Linc is allergic to milk products, nuts, latex, paracetamol, dogs and eggs and has spent much of his young life in hospital.
She said Linc’s allergy to eggs was so bad he may not be able to attend a mainstream school.
He has suffered multiple severe anaphalactic reactions and has even stopped breathing.
“We found out he was allergic to our dog because he’d come out in hives and would start wheezing,” Mrs DeJussing said.
“When he was in hospital, we found out he was allergic to latex. When he was teething I gave him Panadol, which resulted in his eyes swelling shut.”
Mrs DeJussing said Linc was even allergic to secondary contact to eggs.
“He can’t go near anyone or anything that has been in contact with eggs,” she said.
Linc’s allergies have meant Mrs DeJussing is limited in where she can go with Linc.
She has a few friends with children who are supportive and do what they can to prevent Linc being exposed to allergens.
“I know allergies in children can be controversial – I have experienced a bit of intolerance. I’d like to raise awareness in the community that some kids have life-threatening allergies,” she said.