Furnissdale house fire sparked by clothes near heater

Furnissdale house fire sparked by clothes near heater

Furnissdale residents were woken to fire crews at a home in Smith Street this morning.

Crews were called after 5.40am to reports of a house fire.

The fire was started due to clothes being left too close to a heater.

Damage was contained to a front bedroom.

Furnissdale is in the Shire of Murray, south east of Mandurah.

MORE: Learner driver allegedly caught speeding, drink driving

MORE: Ambulance crashes in Osborne park, two injured

MORE: No trains between Clarkson and Butler on Saturday

MORE: Perth Glory’s Samantha Kerr happy to fly the flag for the women’s game