THE Peel region is set to benefit from the State Government�s Royalties for Regions investment of $4 billion over the next four years in community services, education, sport and recreation, agriculture and tourism.
Treasurer Mike Nahan said the funding would provide essential services and infrastructure that would drive economic development, creating jobs and generating economic opportunities.
Mandurah�s Crab Fest has ongoing support through the $40 million Regional Events Program, $20 million upgrades through Parks for People and $21.05 million from the Caravan and Camping initiatives.
The South West Emergency Rescue Helicopter Service has been allocated $29.9 million.
There will be investment across the State in the following categories totalling $4 billion across the 2015-16 State Budget and forward estimates, which will include funding for the Peel region:
* Seizing the Opportunity in Agriculture – including Water for Food, WA Open for Business and WA�s Biosecurity Defence.
* Health – including the Southern Inland Health Initiative, Royal Flying Doctor Service and St John Ambulance Services.
* Aboriginal initiatives.
* Tourism – including Parks for People, Regional Visitors Centres and Regional Events Program.
* Sport and recreation – including the Supporting Community Sport program.
* Community support services – including the Community Chest Fund and Country Age Pension Fuel Card.
* Education – including Better Beginnings.
* Economic Development – including Regional Buy Local initiatives.